Thursday, January 10, 2013

POST PROCESSING EXPERIMENTATION

I'm no stranger to Photoshop.  Being a graphic designer, you are pretty much required to know how to use it.  I did my first post processing experiment today.  I feel like it's cheating.  You are basically enhancing a photograph that should have been pretty close to perfect to being with, if you know what you're doing.   I have found out in my research, though, that that is not the case.  Even the most professional photographer enhances his photos.  I figured I would bite the bullet and do some experimenting.  I'm going to compare the before and after on three photos from the other day below.

Original Image


Image processed in Photoshop


Original Image


Image processed in Photoshop




Original Image

Image processed in Photoshop

As you can see, the colors are slightly more vibrant.  In places where the shadows were too dark, the were lightened to see more detail.  Where parts of the image seemed washed out, contrast was added.

No comments:

Post a Comment