Sunday, January 6, 2013

NEW LENS EXPERIMENTS

These were taken with my new AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 D.  This lens makes world of difference.  It does much better in low light situations and is perfect for capturing wiggly children!  I'm so excited!  I guess the word for the blurriness in the background is called bokeh and this lens creates AMAZING bokeh.  We never used that term when I was shooting black and white film in photography class (over 10 years ago).  Ahhh... film.  Those were the days.   Anyway, I think I found my go-to lens.  It's compact, light weight and performs well in more difficult shooting situations.  I have yet to use it outside so that will be a post for another day.  The only con, I guess, is that there is no zoom, but that is not a huge deal to me.  Now, let's check out some pictures.

JJ is NOT a happy Camper in this one, but seriously, check out the background.  Awesome.
ISO 1600 f/4 1/20
AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 D

My Beautiful Clara Virginia.  Look at how clear her face is and how her arm goes back on the distance.  
ISO 1600 f/4 1/50
AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 D



JJ blurry in the foreground, Clara sharp in the background.
ISO 1600 f/4 1/20
AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 D  


The focus point on this one is JJ's ear, which I didn't intend to do but it still turned out to be  cool picture.  
ISO 1600 f/4 1/50
AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 D


Crayons:  focal point at the back
ISO 1600 f/4 1/8
AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 D


Crayons:  focal point at the front
ISO 1600 f/4 1/8
AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 D




No comments:

Post a Comment