Thursday, December 27, 2012

THE BIG IDEA

I've loved taking pictures all my life.  I took three semesters of Black and White Photography in college, thinking I would change my major from graphic design.  I loved developing film and spending time in the darkroom, watching my images magically appear and editing by hand.  My dream, of course, was to travel the world taking pictures for National Geographic.  Then, practicality set in.  I would have to be the best of the best to get a good paying job, oh, and National Geographic only hires freelancers from an extremely select group of people.  I stuck with graphic design.

Fast forward eleven years later.  I am married with two kids and a good job as an animator for television.  I love my life but something is missing.  Most of the pictures taken are with my phone.  Film is virtually nonexistent.  Finding a place to develop and print is close to impossible.  I miss taking real pictures.  I've missed it for a while but never had the means to buy a decent camera.  I asked for one for Christmas and my husband and parents pitched in to make it happen.

It is a midlevel digital, but I guess I have to move on from film.  It's been a while since I've taken pictures, taking into consideration aperture, shutter speed and depth of field.  This blog is my journey from day one, learning and experimenting with my camera.  You are welcome to watch me grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment